Wednesday, January 11, 2017

December Brought Lots of Homemade Goodness!

I decided to make a huge number of my Christmas gifts this year so I started towards the end of November and believe it or not I made all my deadlines!!! I ended up in two Christmas exchanges this year in my Yahoo Groups one in the group I own Sisters_Stitching_Sharing_Life where we did an ornie exchange and adding extras was totally optional! The other exchange was on the Christian Cross Stitch Yahoo Group we just had to send our partner something we felt they would like based on the our information in the database we had to fill out! In the exchange in my group Lyn was my partner that sent to me she made me a beautiful cupcake ornie with a snowman on top of it I love it especially since I am a snowman addict lol! I also received from her a pair of very warm fuzzy socks sure them here it was 5F the other day and a cute chart and an awesome Just Nan Painted Turtle Floss Wrap Around. I sent my partner an adorable snowman ornie from this years JCS Christmas Ornament Edition and I stuffed it and added a very cute ribbon for Georgena to hang it on her tree I also send some goodies along with it! I received a beaded dolphin kit, an adorable stitched big eyed owl made into a magnet, and a chart from my partner in the other exchange, I sent my partner warm fuzzy socks, and a few charts, and an adorable kit! I had a blast being in both exchanges and look forward to being in them again next year!
A very special stitchy friend who really I consider my family Bernie sent me an awesome package from Australia she made me the same snowman ornie I had to give away that I had made and that I had loved she used different fabric and backing fabric, different ribbon, and added beads for snow which I had not I was soooo happy, she added all kinds of goodies for me, hubby, and the grands. I have another stitchy friend who is really considered family Marlene she sent my new grandbaby an outfit for Christmas from Canada that was so sweet! One of my group members who is a sweetheart I also consider her family Susan, she crocheted me an adorable snowflake in green, red and white with shiny metallic shining through it so sweet of her! I received many cards from awesome friends through the holidays and I thank you all!
I received in the mail a RAK that was totally unexpected and so thoughtful I was speechless! I received an awesome, beautiful, stitched suede box from Kim McCool in honor of helping her bring in her big birthday. I felt so honored to be a part of her special birthday she also sent me fabric, floss and a chart! I thank so much the box sits right here by my computer in an honorary spot like it should be it is so majestic looking!  
I ended up making 9 knitted Red Heart Sashay scarves for Christmas for gifts for the daughters, DIL, the granddaughters. I made three homemade decoupaged mini boxes, 2 for my granddaughters one in Olaf from Frozen, the other Rapunzel, I made my grandson Disney's Mech X 4, It's a show with four boys that control a huge robot(they are inside it) to save their school and town from huge monsters, I made my two of my daughters glass candle centerpieces with faux candles the led type that take batteries safer with little bad butts around!
I will making an additional update this evening with lots of stitchy updates and haul!
Happy Stitching
Kim




mine
Bernie's






2 comments: